Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My inertia switch only has two wires going into it. I put a

Customer Question

My inertia switch only has two wires going into it. I put a paper clip in the connector for the two wires but I'm still not getting fuel to the engine. What next please
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.

did you check for voltage at the switch???

Roy

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No don't have meter, just want to fix on road side very few tools
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Why didn't the paper clip not work to jump it out.
Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.

going to hard to do.

try hitting the fuel tank with something hard to see if you can shock the pump into working

Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.

you are assuming the inertia switch was bad. it most likely is not your issue

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yesterday it had the same problem. I had the car towed to a garage where they unplugged it, found a bad connection prong replaced it. But it's doing the same thing today.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What else do you think it could be
Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.

could be a fuse, relay, fuel pump itself or wiring

Roy

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
what do I need to do. I payed $160 for basically nothing and now I'm paying you guys $58 for help so what next
Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.

I have not got paid, the site has. I am an independent contractor for this site and only get paid when you accept my answers. we get a small portion of what you got charged from the site.

anyway, I am here and not there. I cannot see it or touch it. I depend on you to give the info so I can help you. thats why you need a volt meter. can you call anyone to come to you with one??

Roy

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry, no I'm working out of town 200 miles from home. Sitting in front of a customers house.
Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.

did you try and hit the tank with something like a rock??

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did that before I contacted you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was looking for the fuse for the fuel pump. But in this car they aren't labeled
Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.

ok, then there is nothing I can do for you from here. sorry. I will re post and see if someone else wants to guess for a failure

Roy

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Well that sucks another $58 out the window for nothing. I
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome.

Different tech here.

Did you still need help?

If so, please post your question and I will be happy to help.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can't retype the whole thing again I am to frustrated with this process read what I told the idiot before you came to help
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for that information sir. One minute while I type a reply.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
now I'm getting passed around instead of getting help
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.

First, let me say that I am try to help you. So please dont get mad. At the end of this, if your not happy, your more than welcome to request a refund. I ask that you calm down, relax and let me help you.

So put the money aside, for now and lets focus on the cars issue. I will try my best and be as honest with you as possible. If you would like we can always speak over the phone too. I would prefer that anyway.

So, let me repeat what I think is going on. The vehicle stalls and then does not restart or sometimes it does not start at all? We have a lack of fuel correct?

I do need to know what your expectations are of this conversation in order to meet your needs. Are you looking for possible causes or would you like me to walk you through this diagnoses?