kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

I am a used car dealer with a 2006 f150 w/4.6. Transmission

Customer Question

I am a used car dealer with a 2006 f150 w/4.6. Transmission shifts perfect when cold and starts slipping after warm up. Fluid shows full on dipstick and is clean which leads me to believe it has been changed recently. I was told this transmission did not have dipstick from the factory. could we have thwrong dipstick which someone has installed as aftermarket and it is not really full?
JA: This is potentially serious. How long has it been going on?
Customer: Just got it in test drove and it was fine until I sold it and started slipping the same day
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Don't know yet. Hate to install a new or used transmission if there may be a simple fix
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have owned many of these 4.6's and never had a transmission problem with one
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  kalamykid replied 21 days ago.

This truck should have a dipstick. So if it is showing full, then you can trust it.