Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Ford question...1988 ford 1 ton, 351 efi, replaced; fuel

ford question...1988 ford 1 ton , 351 efi , replaced; fuel filter , fuel pump.( these replacements were at the urging of mech. on this site.)will start fine and idles with a regular miss. will drive ok until i touch the gas pedal. at that point it misses violently and die ,pumping the pedal does not help, it will be come worse and die anyway.it will tdle down the road at 20mph, if i leave thr gas pedal alone. also has new plugs installed.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not had the engine checked over for any vacuum leaks at all this needs done.If any leaks are found the leak will need repaired to resolve this here.This will cause this type of fault.If this is or has been checked already and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete