Jake Cheek
Jake Cheek,
Experience:  Automotive Technician at Hendrick Chevrolet
96914122

CANNOT FILL IT UP. KEEPS SHUTTING OFF PUMP. AT FORD DEALER

Customer Question

CANNOT FILL IT UP. KEEPS SHUTTING OFF PUMP. AT FORD DEALER NOW, THEY'VE NEVER HEARD OF SUCH A PROBLEM. COULDN'T EVEN FIND THE SERVICE BULLETINS.
JA: Have you checked the fluids recently?
Customer: HAD THEM ALL CHANGED AT SERVICE 3 WEEKS AGO. WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH FILLING THE GAS TANK FOR 25 MINUTES?
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2005 F350
JA: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: PICKUP
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: HAD TO FIND SERVICE BULLETINS MYSELF AND SEND TO DEALER BECAUSE THEY CLAIM THEY COULD FIND NOTHING ON THIS PROBLEM. FORD IS AWARE OF THIS PROBLEM, CORRECT?
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jake Cheek replied 27 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** all of the fueling shutoff concerns I have had are related to a blockage of some type in the EVAP canister, located near the spare tire. To test this, unplug the canister intake line and attempt to refuel. If you have no issue you know that the canister is restricted. If the dealership can't find a bulletin, it may have a different keyword to search for like "Fuel Tank Pressure" or "EVAP canister". Hopefully that answers your question. Thanks!