Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I did the same thing and my truck won't start either. Did

Customer Question

I did the same thing and my truck won't start either. Did you figure out the fix for it?
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
2006 Ford F-250 diesel. Reverse lights weren't working, pulled out the relay 211, shorted out contacts #3 and #5, lights came on. Now the truck won't start. It starts up and dies right away.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 25 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

Do you know if there are trouble codes stored?

Will it start and remain running at full throttle?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
No codes besides p1000. Starts after couple cranks and dies immediately regardless of the throttle position
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 24 days ago.

Do you have the ability to monitor the fuel pressure and ICP pressure during this crank-start-stall?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
No, I dont

Since your not able to perform diagnostics I assume your looking for my best educated guess on the symptoms you have?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I did the diagnostics and there are no codes. Basically what happened, I was tracing non working reverse lights and I found the same write up, you giving step by step directions how to find the problem. And when the guy pulled out reverse light relay and jumped contacts 3 and 5, he's truck would not stay running after. There was no follow up after. Jumping the relay messed something up. The truck ran great before, it only have 60k miles
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 23 days ago.

Jumping the reverse relay if done right and in fact on the reverse relay should not have caused a no start.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I don't have a way to monitor the pressures. What should I do next?

Since you do not have the tools needed to diagnose this. I suggest the vehicle be towed to a shop. A guess is what your up against without doing any diag and a guess on a diesel is expensive ad normally takes many guesses. Now in the event you find a fried whom can help you diagnose this and has the tools. I am more than willing to continue and try helping.

.

What now

1. You have asked a question.
  2. You have paid a deposit and received an info request and or answer(s).
  3. Now it is time to follow up if needed or rate my answer, hopefully 5 STAR EXCELLENT.
  4. You are more than welcome to still follow up. I want you pleased with me and my answer(s).

Thanks for using Just Answer, and rating me so I am compensated, Chris

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 20 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I'd like to get my money back. I followed your old post and my truck broke down just by following your directions given to the other customers to exactly same problem. Chasing the non working reverse lights led to the truck not starting. Now it's at the dealership cause you told me you can't do anything to help me. You couldn't point me to the right direction either. I just need my money back
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 13 days ago.

Use the contact us link at the bottom of the page and the website will be able to do that for you.