Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My 4X4is doing the same thing as the 1999 F-250 regarding

Customer Question

Hi John. My 4X4is doing the same thing as the 1999 F-250 regarding the ESOTF but my Ford is a 2002. Is there a significant difference between the '99 and '02? Thanks for your help ....
JA: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Hi Pearl! Yes, I am fixing it myself ~ we've replaced the dash switch and checked the transformer and seems to be working. When you jump the transformers, you can hear motor run that seems to have run to stop and won't come back.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I don't know.... I bought the truck this way.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Have checked all electrical fuses and it seems to be sound. My brother is a 40 yr. certified Ford mechanic but he is not available to communicate with you presently.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 month ago.

Hi. The 2002 works exactly the same as the 99. What do you mean the transformer? The vacuum solenoid?