Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

No start I just replaced battery last night. I cut off the

Customer Question

no start I just replaced battery last night. I cut off the old connectors and the fuselink is too short to fit on new connectors Will it be ok to leave that off? I tried to start it last night and it just cranks and won
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yeah I think . I better go out and check. I have to hook up battery with the old connectors to fit so it may take a while. Before I replaced battery the anti theft did not flash Now it does.
JA: What year is your Fit?
Customer: 2003
JA: Are you fixing your Fit yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just replacing battery. Putting new battery in key fob and reprogramming. I bought a multimeter to check fuses but have not so far
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yeah. I need to hook truck battery up first. The truck ran fine and started right up before the no start problem. No warning. I just had the steering column apart to fix an alignment with the shifter problem. I looked for a DPFM by the spare and do not believe I have one
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

Can I start by getting your VIN and any codes stored in the computer?

Thank you!