Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Right turn signal will not flash. Dashboard and front right

Customer Question

right turn signal will not flash. Dashboard and front right light just stay on; rear right light won't come on (bulb is aok).
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: No. I can't find the user manual, and it's been too long since I changed one of the fuses to remember exactly where they are (beyond under the front dash).
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 1993 Ranger
JA: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, if it's easy. Otherwise, I'll have to set up an appointment at the dealer. Really don't have time for that.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

If the left side flashes then the fuse is not the problem, both sides share the same power source. If your from is lighting up and rear is not then you need to check and see if you have power out of the turn signal switch on the orange/lite blue wire to the rear lamp, can you check this and let me know what you find?