Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My wife and I were given a car to use when we are in the

Customer Question

My wife and I were given a car to use when we are in the United States. We live the majority of the year in Kenya where we are missionaries. The car is a 2002 Ford Windstar. It had some electrical issues when we received it, however, it mostly effected the radio, drivers window. Not a big deal. Now it is a problem with everything and will not even start unless it is jumped and then all of the systems are a problem, widows, doors, hvac. I thought it might be the grounding strap for the engine, but I can not locate it. All of the fuses are intact. I have researched this care to learn how I might fix the small problems previously and have noticed that it was an electrical nightmare in its day. I really don't know how to start on this thing. Any help would be appreciated.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Do you have access to a scan tool? If so start by checking for trouble codes. That will save a lot of time.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't have one but I will take it to an Auto Zone and there they can scan it for me.

That will work. Get the codes checked and let me know what is found and we can go from there.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Wayne i have the reader hooked up to the car now. What am i looking for?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay here are the codes:
U1260
U1262
B1318
P0712
P1000
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 26 days ago.

Sorry I have not been online for a while. Do you still need help with this?