Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ford Fiesta 2012 4 door hatchback: 1-back trunk/hatch opens

Customer Question

Ford Fiesta 2012 4 door hatchback: 1-back trunk/hatch opens when car starts rolling; 2-pressing key fob lock button once opens trunk & moves rear wiper 10 degrees; 3-pressing key fob door unlock button once also opens trunk & moves rear wiper 10 degrees; 4-have to press key fob hatch button twice to unlock hatch, and this also moves rear wiper 10 degrees; pressing dash (center) lock/unlock button once will also unlock trunk & move rear wiper. Disconnection cable to the latch assembly of the rear hatch will result in dome lights going on when car is driven, but these dome lights can then be turned off by turning the front/rear windshield wiper column switch to the on position for both front/rear wipers. 5-neither front or rear windshield wipers can be turned on. Both wiper fuses ar OK. No loose wiring or cut wiring seen, even removed cover under hood at the windshield...
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

We need to do some wire testing to figure this issue out. Are you okay with pinpoint tests and electrical tests?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can't do tests now, I am in FL and car is in CT. Spent 7 hours last week on it. Right now the electric cable at the rear hatch switch is unplugged, the hatch is locked (the screen shows "door open" message), the multifunction switch is in the on position for both front & rear wipers in order to shut off the dome light. Wipers front & rear not working. Just reading the service manual, seems like a ground problem at/inside the BCM module.

When are you going to be back with the the vehicle so we can do tests and get results on those tests?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Either around thanksgiving or Christmas

Best I can do for now is provide diagrams and tests for you to print or save and do once with the vehicle since we will not be able to do tests and get me those results.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK

Front wiper diagnostics https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/frontwiper.pdf

Rear wiper diagnostics https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/rearwiper.pdf

Most likely all of your issues are going to fall on a failure within the body control module.

.

Thanks for letting me help you & for leaving me a ~5 STAR EXCELLENT~rating when ready. Rating results in the website paying me from the question fee you have already paid. Although I appreciate customers saying "Thank You" that alone does not result in me being compensated if you were pleased.

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris