Cary York
Cary York,
Experience:  Auto Tech at Certified Auto Repair
94946450

My ford f 150. 2005 I think it is has been parked the

Hi my ford f 150. 2005 I think it is has been parked the battery completely charged now new gas in it but my throttle won't respond so I can give it gas and it has a check engine light and a wrench on the instrument panel
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: They both stay oni did try to charge it while it was still connected. It's running but won't throttle up
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: I believe it is an 05 f150
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am trying to fix it. So far just started it and moved it to level ground
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It has sat for a couple months with out being started. I tried to charge it while the battery cables were connected. Yeah not paying for it

Hi, I’m Cary and I’ll be helping you today.
Please understand that I can't smell, hear, or touch the vehicle, so patience is appreciated. Before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating..

It sounds like a throttle body problem. Do you have a way to scan for codes?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No I don't. Can it be reset.

Did you say it has been parked for awhile and the battery was dead?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did. I tried charging it while the battery was connected. It is running now but when I throttle it I dies

Ok. Lets do this.

Remove both battery cable ends from the battery. Then hold the 2 together for about 5 min. May want to tie or clap them together with something. While they are disconnected and hooked together, turn the ignition switch in the on position. Leave it that way a few min. Turn key off and reconnect battery.

Then try and crank and drive the vehicle for a few miles. You may have to 2 foot it at first so it does not stall. Then see how it does.

Remember if you rate me we can still continue the discussion. Five star please.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok I did that it started betters but the wrench is still there and won't throttle up enough to move.
Sounds like a throttlebody. But it's hard to be sure without knowing what the codes are.
Sounds like a throttlebody. But it is hard to tell without knowing what the codes are.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do agree I have a buddy who has a code talker I will try tomorrow. Thank you for all your help. Much appreciated

Let me know if I can help later if you get the codes.