EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

We have a 2013 fushion and we keep having electrical

Customer Question

We have a 2013 fushion and we keep having electrical problems.The tac will statr jumping around and at he same time the radio will shut off also the air cond.and the windows will not go down or come up.This has happended seveal times,have had it to the dealer and they say they can not find it,Htis is a ongoing problen can you give some advice. The car has only about 50000 miles on it.
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: The Dealer ship says they hav checked it all out,I personaly have not.
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 2013 Ford Fusion SE
JA: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No we have had it into the dealer 3 times now for the same problem
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is all that I can think of ,this will happen and then it will go away for a awhile
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 25 days ago.

Hi. I am a Ford dealer mechanic for 20 years. It sounds like several components are losing power to them. Has the problem happened for the dealer mechanic?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
They say no,It won`t do it if you just let it sit as they might be doing and then go start it it happnens when you are driving it.

The dealer probably does not want to charge you for a part replacement if they are not 100% sure that it will fix it. But what it sounds like to me is that the interior fuse panel needs to be replaced. It is called the body control module. It controls most all of the interior functions of the vehicle. I have replaced many and they are not that expensive. It may be worth replacing that just to try and get the concern resolved.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
we have the extended warrenty on it so are you sugesting tha we tell them to try this???

Ok. You should have a 100 dollar detectable or so then. If I had to eventually put a part on to try and fix this, that is what I would go with. Eventually something has to be replaced to try and fix it. Whether or not they are going to put one on because you ask them to is another story.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Thank you for your help I will takk to them about it it sounds to me like it is worth tehe shot

I agree. You are welcome. Have a good day and please rate my assistance. Thanks.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
you were very helpful I would rate you a 10 Thanks again for the guide.

Thanks for the high rating. But please rate me 5 stars using the 5 star rating method in your chat. Thanks.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 23 days ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. Please rate the service using the 5 star rating method. After rating the chat will remain open for any follow up questions you may have. Thanks.