Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have problem with my ford escape 2006 model there is a

Customer Question

Hello
I have problem with my ford escape 2006 model there is a security light that flashes and makes it difficult to start. Please what can be the possible problem and any solution
Category: Ford
Expert:  david craig replied 7 months ago.

Hi Im David, so when you try to start the car does the light go out?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi David
The car start but when ignition is put off then the security lock light come and it can start again
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
my mechanic has change the key engine and also the mobilizer but still the problem exist

when the ignition is put off then the security lock light come on and it can? start again..? so whats the problem?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
would you want me to call you myself that will be cheaper for me then you calling for a fee of $26 which will course extra back changes
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
any answer ? David

i didnt off the call and im not allowed to make or take international cals on my phone. the site automatically offers the calls. sorry.

you arent explaining you problem correctly. they way you're explaining it means its working as it should

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What I mean is there is a security light lock that come on the cars dashboard and when that light start to flash this ford escape 2006 can't start still the light is off again and I want solution to prevent that problem
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

I see you requested a new tech. Would you like me to help?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Chris

Is this a US model vehicle that was shipped to GHANA?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it is a US model shipped to Ghana just one month ago , am the original key got lost and the want in for a standard key which could not also start but it came to Ghana at the port we were able to start it drove it home after I had wanted to start it again then I saw this security light flashing

You make it sound like you do not have 2 coded keys, is that correct?

Are there any PATS codes stored?

Has anyone tied to reprogram 2 keys to the vehicle with a diagnostic tool?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
you are right
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
A mechanic has try reprogramming with 2 keys but still the some times do come back
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
there is a part code store available

Since the 10 minute security access key programming failed. What code numbers are stored?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi

Your response was "HI"