Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2012 ford f250 super duty diesel with a integrated brake

Customer Question

2012 ford f250 super duty diesel with a integrated brake switch on dash.
The message center shows the trailer connected and then trailer disconnected. Switches back and forth. The trailer lights are on steady will this is happening.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

Have you tried another trailer with electric brakes to see if itoo has this issue with your truck?

The TBC pulses a random brake signal to the trailer. When it does not sense a electrical load from the brake magnets it thinks the trailer plug is not firmly seated. So this can mean the trailer can have wiring, ground, or brake issues, or there can be a wiring corrosion resistance concern with the truck. Cleaning the ground wire connection on hte trailer is quite often the issue.

Thanks for letting me help you & for leaving me a ~5 STAR EXCELLENT~rating when ready. Rating results in the website paying me from the question fee you have already paid. Although I appreciate customers saying "Thank You" that alone does not result in me being compensated if you were pleased.

Thanks Chris

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 29 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris