Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

When pulling out this am the "power steering assist, warning

Customer Question

Chris, when pulling out this am the "power steering assist , warning came on and I had manual only steering. I back into the drive shut the car off and turned on and power steering was back
JA: Have you checked your tire pressure? Is it a steady pull?
Customer: no we used my wifes car and just got back
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2012 ford fusion , 4 door
JA: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing tries I will check tire pressures if that is one of the things that caused rhis, also I am in florida and the weather just got cold,,, " for us"
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no other, I have 127000 miles on the car,
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

The power steering assist warning comes on when the system sees a fault and when this happens the Power Steering Control Module will detect it and set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to determine what is failing you are going to need to start first with having the system scanned if the light returns.