James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have a 2011 ford escape with a remote start concern. I

Customer Question

I have a 2011 ford escape with a remote start concern. I attempted to change the run time from 10 mins to 15. When I went to test the remote start, it did not crank but the horn chimed 3 times. I'm thinking I need to re program everything but been out of service for 5 years and don't remember how to fix it
JA: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?
Customer: thats not even close to the same concern
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 2011 for escape
JA: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am trying to diagnose why the remote start is not working properly. I press the button to start the car and the horn blows 3 times instead of cranking
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that should be enough
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
The horn honks 4 times instead of cranking. Is there a way i can fix these instead of taking it to the dealer to re program it?
Expert:  James replied 27 days ago.

3 beeps means the door is open. 4 chirps mean the vehicle is no longer is tach less mode. When going through the programming options bank 2 option 1 is tachless mode. Bank 2 option 3 is the run time option. These are the two programmed items you need to change for it to work correctly again.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I need to just go back through the process, select bank 2 option 3 and it will work again? Thank you,
Expert:  James replied 27 days ago.

Correct, This will get you going again. If you have further questions please let me know. Also please remember to rate my answer so I receive credit for assisting you. a positive rating is how I get paid.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
James,Is bank 2 the 5 chirps? If so, going to option 3 did not correct the concern. When I got the 3 chirps I pushed the button on the remote key fob and the red led turned off. Its looking like im going to have to take it the dealer unless you have any other ideas on how to fix the concern.
Expert:  James replied 26 days ago.

bank two is 5 chirps. 1 chirp in bank 2 is for the tachless mode. You need to do this in order for the remote start to work. 3 chirps is the run time.