Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Rear servo clip broke and let all the tranny fluid out a

Customer Question

rear servo clip broke and let all the tranny fluid out a couple months ago and now the front clip was barely in there holdin the servo in an let all of the tranny fluid out
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 1999 ford ranger auto trans
JA: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the rear clip had 1inch of the clip missing so installed new and that took care of that 1.but this 1 has a full clip and came loose enuf 2 loose all the tranny fluid
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: why is the servo pushing the clips out
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

Servo cover clip failure is normally caused by the clips rusting and getting weak. The servo behind the cover only pushes up against the cover when not in use and the return spring pushes that servo back. So the spring tension could not all of a sudden become greater. A small possible cause could be wear grooves in the case causing the servo to bind and pop back against the cover rather than slowly retract.

Prior to completing the mandatory rating at the top of your screen. Let me know if I have not yet provided you with ~5 STAR EXCELLENT~service. Reply and let me know in more detail what you need to be pleased with my help. Rating is the only way I am paid from the deposit you made.

Thanks Chris

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 29 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris