Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2008 ford focus and the rear defrost is not

Customer Question

I have a 2008 ford focus and the rear defrost is not working
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, when the defrost stopped working i noticed the tab fell off of the grid so i reattached it with the permatex defrost tab kit, it still doenn't work. with the button pressed i used my multimeter and the grid has 14 volts across is. with everything disconnected the grid had about 0.3Mohms of resistance. I checked the 30A fuse in the fuse box under the hood at location 2 and it was fine.
JA: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels. What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 2008 ford focus
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The rest of the heat and air conditioning and all other power works fine
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 29 days ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 29 days ago.

Do you have a wiring diagram for the defrost grid?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
No, I got to just answers because I saw one for a Fusion but I can't find one for mine.