Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

I have a 2007 ford taurus and the serpentine belt broke. i'd

Customer Question

i have a 2007 ford taurus and the serpentine belt broke. i'd like to bypass the ac compressor because it seized. i've been unable to find a bypass pulley. can i bypass the compressor with a shorter belt? If so how is this done and what size belt would i need? Are you able to provide a diagram for how this is done?
JA: How many miles are on the car?
Customer: over 100k
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 2007 Ford Taurus 3.0
JA: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no, i am having someone do it for me. I brought the belt and he informed me the compressor had seized.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, what is the fee for this service?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Ford mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: Okay
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

You should have the diagram under the hood.

Ask the parts store for part number 822K6. Autozone carries it and they will provide the diagram as well.

What you do is you put it on like you would the normal belt for the compressor, but you just miss the compressor. This belt will give about a 1.5 to 2 inch clearnace between the belt and the compressor. Then there is no need for the bypass pully.

I literally just bypassed one 2 days ago with this belt. Same model of car and engine for same reason. She lived 200 miles away and I couldn't find a compressor so I had to short belt it.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy