Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2005 EB Ford Expedition. The high beams will not

Customer Question

Hi- I have a 2005 EB Ford Expedition. The high beams will not turn off. All other lights are functioning properly (lights do shut off when the car is off). The lights are working properly with the settings- ie auto, parking, fog. BUT, the high beams are on all the time.
JA: Have you checked the bulbs and fuses?
Customer: Nope...are there separate bulbs for low/high beams?
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Ford Expedition, 2005
JA: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm just in the researching phase now. I may try it, or take it to a mechanic. Just seeing if others have this problem
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This can be caused by a fault with the multi function/turn signal switch itself at fault stuck on high beam internally shorted or an issue with the high beam relay stuck on in the central junction box fuse panel.In some cases you can tell it is the relay at fault by tapping on the relay and if the high beams turn off or flicker off and on then the relay needs replaced.The circuits can also be tested at this relay with a multi meter to help determine if the relay or multi function switch needs replaced.If you have a multi meter to test electrical with let me know and I can walk you through this testing.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete