Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My daughters 2010 Ford F-150 truck did a peculiar thing

Customer Question

My daughters 2010 Ford F-150 truck did a peculiar thing today. She was stopped at a stop light. When the light turned green her truck's oil light came on and the truck would not go. The engine did not rev up or stall out. She said that the gas pedal became stiff to press down. She says that she did not put the truck out of drive. The truck has 240,000 but has never failed before. She has recently had an oil change (approx. 30 days ago). She turned off the engine and restarted. Everything was ok. The truck acted normal and the oil light remained off. She stated that the engine was not acting up before or after the incident.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 month ago.

The 2010 F150 is what Ford calls, drive by wire. The gas pedal is connected to the engine by a wiring harness, no more throttle cable. So the gas pedal getting stiff is a little hard to actually happen. You should actually have the engine computer scanned for trouble codes before replacing any parts or doing any repairs. Any auto parts store can do this for you. But I would recommend a good repair shop or a dealership to do this. But that is all up to you. Get the trouble codes and post them on this page.