Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

My blower motor motor on my 2006 ford explorer stopped

Customer Question

My blower motor motor on my 2006 ford explorer stopped working. It just clicks. I purchased a new blower motor. How do I take out the old blowe and put the new one in.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: Over a year. In the front somewhere.
JA: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, and I just bought the bought the blower motor and thats all I've done so far.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Figure out how to take the old one out and put the new one in
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today.

Does your vehicle have Auto Temp Control (set temp) or Manual (red-blue dial)?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I dont know
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 month ago.

Ok. Not a problem. Give me a moment to compile a PDF file with the procedure you will need to replace the Blower Motor. Be right back...

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for holding!

The Blower Motor is accessed from under the passenger's side dash. For easier viewing/printing, I've wrapped up the procedure into a PDF file. Download the PDF file here: https://goo.gl/K1FO3M

Please remember to leave a rating using the 'stars' or click 'Accept'. A 5-star rating is much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Unable to open pdf file
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 month ago.

My apologies. For some reason, some customers cannot access drop box files. No idea why. I do apologize. I will attach the PDF file to this thread. You will see it as a separate post below this one.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 month ago.

Were you able to download the file using this method?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Looks like it diwnloadef. I just cant open it.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hmmmm. Unfortunately, you may need to install a PDF file viewer on your computer. There are many free readers available.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I noticed this Q&A was still open, so I wanted to check in and see how you made out? Did you get the blower motor replaced? Any other questions you had? Was there something you wanted addressed that I may have missed in my answer? Did you find my answer helpful?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Im sorry for not getting back with you. I fixed the blower. You're diagram you downloaded to me reallt did the trick. Thanks for all your help. The best 23.00 I ever spent.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 29 days ago.

That's great news! Glad I could be of some help! Please remember to use the stars and leave a rating for our Q&A!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 29 days ago.

..