Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Mi tunderbird4.6 l v8 crank like hitting a rock...it has new

Customer Question

Mi tunderbird4.6 l v8 crank like hitting a rock...it has new starter motor..alternator.batteri...
JA: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?
Customer: Only one..
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 1996 fordtunderbird 4.6l v8.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well..
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes..ing...l# ***** does not have power..neither way...inside the vehicle fuse panel has # 5 inoperative.... I know I have to tests the fuel pump power and it has to be 12 bolt.. Also the gasoline psi.. Between 35..40......from there I thinking shall be the coil or the ICM.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

Since the starter engages but sounds harsh. I assume it is not crnaking the engine. We need to see if the engine is locked up or hydrolocked. Can you turn the engine 2 revolutions by hand at the crank pulley with a ratchet? If so then confirm both wires tothe starter are getting battery voltage when trying to start. If they are but the starter does not spin the engine then the no crank concern is due to a bad starter or the teeth on the flexplate are damaged.

Prior to completing the mandatory rating at the top of your screen. Let me know if I have not yet provided you with ~5 STAR EXCELLENT~service. Reply and let me know in more detail what you need to be pleased with my help.

Thanks Chris