James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

08 f0rd f250 lock sympol on truck wont start 2nd time it

Customer Question

08 f0rd f250 lock sympol on truck wont start 2nd time it done this sent to shop they reset it now iam stuck in drive blocking other car is there a way to reset i found last after sending it to shop on line but cant find web site please help
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 month ago.

hello, Sorry to hear about the concerns you are having. Correcting this concern easy with all the things it can be and no special tools for testing purposes. The first thing I always do it test a spare key and see If the vehicle still acts up. If it does the second thing I do is swap out the PCM power relay and see if that helps. If it doesn't a scan tool is going to be needed to test for codes to see why the vehicles modules are upset with the key. The other thing you can try is disconnect both batteries for ten minutes and reconnect. See If this makes a difference as well.

Without any special equipment this is all I can offer you. I'm sorry I can't give you a direct answer I wish I could. If you have other questions please let me know. Also please remember to rate my answer so I get paid for assisting you. I only get paid for positive ratings. I will be on and off all night in case you do have any further questions.