Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Neighbor girl has relay switch problem with her Ford Fusion

Customer Question

young neighbor girl has relay switch problem with her Ford Fusion and can't start car without jumping battery. I went to help but it wouldn't work. After much calling and asking questions she was told it has to do with the anti-theft program on the car..she is not using the original key programmed with it, she lost that key and using the 2nd "spare" key she was given. She went on internet and tried 3 things she found on YouTube, etc. to over ride it and nothing worked. She is in tears now.
JA: Do you have a backup key? Maybe the emergency kind that fits in your wallet?
Customer: She is using her extra key to start the car.
JA: What year is your Fusion?
Customer: just a minute
JA: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2008 we're just trying to jump it so she can go into a Ford dealership to get an quote on what they'd pay her for it. The transmission is going out and she can't afford to fix it.
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Fusion 2008
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope just that the spare key won't work when we jump it and try to get it going....
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.