Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Steering fluid coming out from cap. we also change the pump

Customer Question

steering fluid coming out from cap. we also change the pump but same problem. please tell me what to do.
JA: Have you checked the fluids recently?
Customer: if fill the fluid today we can drive 5/6 hours then fluid go completely empty .we are not able turn wheel.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 09 ford fucas
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: mechanic change power steering pump but could not figure the problem
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it now
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

In most case if your pushing fluid out of the pump this is caused by the system sucking air in while it running and For has researched this issue and determine that the O rings are leaking at the reservoir allowing air to enter the system and push the fluid out. They have released a service bulletin dealing with this concern as well the repair needed. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below. Have a look and see if this is the problem you are having.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/PS%20service%20bulletin%20Nov%202.pdf

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thank you for your advice. but I still waiting to get that parts. next week we will change it.
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Sure thing. Im here if you need me.