Angel Martinez
Angel Martinez,
Experience:  Lead Technician at Tire Kingdom Auto Care
2902231

My bf needs to replace his fuse box, but is leery about what

Customer Question

My bf needs to replace his fuse box, but is leery about what part# ***** use because the # on his old fuse box comes up as no results found and a parts person at a Ford dealer told him he had an engineering #? The # in his old box is: 1L3T-14A067-BB. He put an "AB" on it, and the truck won't start...it sounds like it wants to, but just won't.
JA: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels. What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2002 f150 4.6l
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: He's doing it himself. He's tried everything BUT putting the original fuse box back in.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Connect me to where?
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If he gets another fuse box using the 1L3T-14A067-BB number, will it work in his truck? Regardless of any differences between his 2002 f150 with keyless entry and another 2002 f150 without keyless entry? I say yes, he says maybe not.
Expert:  Angel Martinez replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is Angel,

I looked up the part number you gave (the BB one) and found one online for 128.50.

the parts number has to be correct, the different numbers represent different pin locations meaning your connections could be the same but the designation of each pin in the connectors are in different locations. so the system will not work.

Since the number is ***** similar then you can find what exact vehicle model it came out of and year, you can REpin the connectors to match your needs, it's not easy but it will work, or you can just purchase the correct "BB" not use any other.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
His original fuse box # was 1L3T-14A067-BB. The one he has in now is "AB". Our disagreement is basically this: If he purchased a fuse box from ebay using 1L3T-14A067-BB, would it definitely fit HIS truck? He's worried that his truck had keyless entry where another 2002 f150 didn't and the 1L3T-14A067-BB number could be found on BOTH trucks.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
He said no to talking on the phone. If you could just answer my last question is appreciate it. After that, he's on his own :(

Where on both trucks can these numbers be found, you mean that some trucks have this fuse box and some trucks have the other box? if the part number from the fuse box in his truck is AB, then it needs to be AB. each truck has its own setup, like XLT, Eddie Bauer, Kings Ranch, Lariet, and so on. some have Trailer hitch kits installed from factory. all these differences have different part numbers. and sales codes that are in the engine computer and body controller. so yes if your truck has a AB you need to have an AB put back in.

you can also go to the dealer and give them your VIN number and they can give you the exact part number you will need for that specific truck.

did that information help you? Please rate my service. Thanks.