Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I'm having electrical issues w/ my 2013 Ford Escape SEL

Customer Question

I'm having electrical issues w/ my 2013 Ford Escape SEL model (US car). Is there a Ford Certified Tech I can visit with??
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

I can help, what issue do you have?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My vehicle was flooded in April, up to just below the upper crease in the fenders/body panels! We gutted the vehicle, properly dried it out in a shop (including airing it out for more than 60 days B-4 reassembling the interior)! We replaced the engine & all wet computers/electronics, etc. Now everything appears to be working well & properly... EXCEPT for a few electrical items/issues. (Sadly and unfortunately I did not have comprehensive insurance on this vehicle at that time... heavy sigh (1 of 3 cars, the other 2 vehicles did & were totaled by the Ins co/adjuster))
The issues/challenges are:
1) Both BLIS sensors are sending a failure alert;
2) The Cross Traffic Sensor(s) are sending a failure alert;
3) I'm also getting an airbag failure alert (I believe from the knee bolster airbag(s)... & possibly from the air bags in the seat(s)?;
4) The Drivers door locks, but the other 3 doors will NOT lock??,
5) The windows are not working
6) Lights & Turn signals are working fine, except that the side mirror lights are not working in 1 direction, & both blink in the other direction!!
7) Power side mirrors will not adjust.
Those are my electrical issues!!
Do U have any ideas, suggestions or recommendations (other than selling or junking this vehicle!!! LoL��)
Thank U in advance for u'r thoughts, idea's & suggestions!!
Bruce Goldfarb(###) ###-####**@******.***
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Additionally the Vehicle's Info system is giving alerts on the BLIS (R & L sensors), the Cross Traffic Sensors & tire pressure, but I believe there is a low tire!!?!! The Air bag(s), BLIS & tire lights also show up with the ***** *****ght in the instrument cluster.

Thanks, ***** ***** only permitted to help address one issue per question. You have signed up for a subscription plan though. So you can open, ask, get an answer, and rate as many questions as needed for the subscription fee you agreed to. Which failure on this question do you want me to address.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let's start with the BLIS alert 1st, then the door locks & windows (& I'll assume that the side mirrors may be the same or similar answer!??!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks in advance for u'r time & efforts!

Do you know which codes the BLIS system is storing?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No positive, as I'm not w/ the vehicle right now. I believe that it says: "BLIS Sensor" Right & Left accordingly, is displayed in the center LCD screen between the Speedometer & Tachometer!

Once back with the vehicle and able to check codes with a scan tool. Below are all the possible codes and the diagnostic steps to diagnose them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/blind.pdf

.

Prior to completing the mandatory rating at the top of your screen. Let me know if I have not yet provided you with ~5 STAR EXCELLENT~service. Reply and let me know in more detail what you need to be pleased with my help.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will do... & be in touch for follow-up once I'm w/ this vehicle. It'll probably be tomorrow afternoon! Thanks again...

Your welcome

Hello again Chris here,

• How are you making out on these tests?