Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2011 ford edge SES. The touch screen has defaulted

Customer Question

I have a 2011 ford edge SES. The touch screen has defaulted to "sync powered by microsoft" and will not do anything else.
What steps do I need to do to fix please?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey How are you

Lets Try To Reset The moduke first in case it was a glitch

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

if that don't work we will need a factory scanner ir equivalent to scan the touch screen module & retrieve fault codes.

in some case it will reset, some cases will have to upload software again & or completely replace it

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Pulling a fuse won't do it?

no it want i m sorry , if you have a capable scanner you can clear it with the scanner , this manual procedure is when no scanner is available to do it with .

doing it this way will ensure all powers is off the modules including any residual power that stays in the harness for several minutes after switch off, touching cables together will kill all powers and hopefully module will reset , but if a defect exit in it , it will not make it work .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Pulled wire harness connector to fuse box, system reset fine.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok

well that great man , i m glad it did it for you .

they don want us pulling harnesses off while power still on the car it might set fault codes. don't matter as long it worked for you :)