Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

Took truck to dealer to replace plugs, ran like after, took

Customer Question

took truck to dealer to replace plugs, ran like crap after, took it back they said cam phasers gone, spent 4k to replace cam phasers, still have problem, replaced coil packs still have problem...
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2007 f150 5.4
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: this was all done at ford
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: im extremely mad lol
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

What is the vehicle doing?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The truck runs like crap when it gets hot or under load, throws a p0304 code, which is the same code it threw after plugs were replaced at dealer. Its important to know truck ran 100% fine before i took in to get plugs done
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

That is a cylinder misfire for number 4.

Did they pull the plugs back out or check the boots and the springs in them to make sure there is no bad gap issues?

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

If everyhing was working fine 100%, then plugs were changed and there is now this new issue, it sounds like the plugs they put in are wrong or there are 1 or 2 defective plugs. There could also be a pulled wire that goes to one of the coils where the connection is bad. I would start at the plugs then check the coil plugs to see if any of them were pulled out/broken during the repair.