Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

98 windstar gl/3.8L--driver side under dash above the brake

Customer Question

98 windstar gl/3.8L--driver side under dash above the brake pedal there is two small canister, i think they are vacuum control, but what do they control.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

You are on the right track in there being a possible vacuum loss. It is best to trace from the flapper actuators to the controls for the A/C-Heat then go from there to where they join at the brake booster. Somewhere along the way you have most likely lost the vacuum.

On the canistors you are referring to, can you take a picture of them? It has just been awhile since I woked on one of those vehicles.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy