Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2003 ford f150 5.4 and sometimes after lightning it

Customer Question

I have a 2003 ford f150 5.4 and sometimes after lightning it won't start and the first times it did it I looked it up on internet and found a procedure that some one had posted to try and it included putting one key in and turning it on and off so many times and it worked but I have lost the paper and can't remember the sequence of the procedure to get it to start. it has happened again.
JA: Do you have a backup key? Maybe the emergency kind that fits in your wallet?
Customer: yes I have 2 keys.
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Last time you would put one key in and turn the key on and off so many time and take out and put the second key in and do the same thing and then take it out and put the 1st key back in and repeat it again and it would start. But I can't remember the steps of the procedure and I can't seem to find it on the internet any more. Had it copeed
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

It sounds like you are talking about reprogramming the keys to the truck, Did it have a fifteen minute gap in between turning the key?