Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Intermittently vehicle will not crank, but the entire dash

Customer Question

Intermittently vehicle will not crank, but the entire dash cluster comes on. The frequency to how often this is happening is increasing to being a problem now. Had a new battery installed in July 2016. The time between not starting and starting has increase to like a day now versus a few minutes.
JA: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?
Customer: There is an issue with the fuel gauge, exactly at 50 miles to E, the gauge drops to zero miles left, that issue started first.
JA: What is the model of your '16 Ford?
Customer: 2010 ford flex SEL
JA: Are you fixing your Flex yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Taken it to the dealership a couple times, they cannot replicate the issue. My work around was until it stop working was to engage the gear shift into Neutral but that does not work any longer
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Ford
Expert:  david craig replied 7 months ago.

Hi Im David, if when it was not starting and when you put it in neutral it would start, even though thats not working any longer you need to have the neutral safety switch checked out or replaced.

Expert:  david craig replied 6 months ago.

do you still need assistance?

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

So far the possible cuases are to many. The starter, relay, trans range switch, ignition switch. If you can use a volt ohm meter. I can help you diagnose this issue when its occurring.

Prior to completing the mandatory rating at the top of your screen. Let me know if I have not yet provided you with ~5 STAR EXCELLENT~service. Reply and let me know in more detail what you need to be pleased with my help.

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris