Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  MasterCertified Technician with 35 years experience, Owner of two full service repair facilities
36867192

Just bought 2016, only 500 miles. F-150 platinum 2

Customer Question

Just bought 2016, only 500 miles.
JA: What is the model of your '16 Ford?
Customer: F-150 platinum 2 problems...on driver instrument cluster the engine gear light 1 2 3 4 5 6 only display sometimes. Also, the my ford touch now turns green and becomes inactive and then reboots. When it reboots it stays normal for about 2 minutes and then it turns green again, reboots and starts the process over and over and over.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: left side of driver display the indicators that show what gear the truck is in
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just tried pulling the fuses...doubt I can do anything myself. Also confirmed the my touch software is up to date...sync 3 version 1.0
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 month ago.

Take the vehicle to the dealer, They will need to do some reprogramming under warranty, There is nothing you can do yourself. Please RATE my service on the rating page, I will continue to answer any additional questions you may have, until you are completely satisfied with my answers, Thank You for using Just Answer.com.