Matt, Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Ihave a 1999 ford ranger 4x4 when i am driving down the road

Customer Question

ihave a 1999 ford ranger 4x4 when i am driving down the road i get a roaring noise from my front end; when i am going around a right handed curve the noise stopes when i go straight again the noise comes back
JA: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.

hello

this sounds like you have a worn wheel bearing on the LHS

when you turn a right hand corner the truck will lean over onto the LH corner and this extra load takes up the slack and shuts the bearing up

if you jack the truck up so the wheel is off the ground and shake it top to bottom to see if you can feel any slack as this too is another sign of a worn wheel bearing

Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you