EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

2003 F-150 5.4 Lariet 4x4 crew cab. Axle taf L73 9.75 3E28.

Customer Question

2003 F-150 5.4 Lariet 4x4 crew cab. Axle taf L73 9.75 3E28. Want to replace axles and bearings but I can't figure which ones fit.
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Going to fix it myself. Looking for parts from RockAuto but about 10 different choices.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 month ago.

Hi. I have been through this before with the 9.75 rear end. To get the right axle you need to count the number of splines on the axle shaft. I would recommend not ordering the axle online because it is a good chance (unless they list how many splines are on the axle) that you will get the wrong one. I recommend going to a local part store and ordering it so you can verify that it will have the same number of splines.

I see you viewed my response. Do you have any more questions for me on getting the correct axle?

Seriously, why are you viewing my posts and not responding? I informed you on how to find the correct axle for your truck. If you are all set perhaps you should rate my assistance and close this question out.

Thanks for using Just Answer and remember to rate the assistance provided.