EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

2007 expedition turns over but will not start...Also when

Customer Question

2007 expedition turns over but will not start...Also when turning the ignition key it will stay in the clockwise position when I let it go....continuing cranking the engine
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: Yes and no keys are fine
JA: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just troubleshooting....no mechanic here but mechanically inclined. ..checked and swapped relay and fuse no issue...connected (( jump started ) to see if it was a battery issue. ..it's not. Tapped on the starter and where the fuel pump should be just to see if it made a better connection. Nothing. Not sure if it's the fuel pump or ignition problem
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 month ago.

Hi. The key is not likely sticking in the start position. That sort of cranking is normal. It would always crank like that, but it usually just starts so it doesnt have to crank that long.

You can do a few things to check if you have fuel. You could try starting the vehicle with starting fluid and see if it wants to run. Or there is a pressure port on the engine where you could install a fuel pressure gauge and check the pressure.

THanks for viewing my response to your question. Have you tried to start it with starting fluid or check fuel pressure?

Please rate the assistance to keep this chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Thanks.