Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

My windshield wiper mount has rusted out. It appears that

Customer Question

my windshield wiper mount has rusted out. It appears that there is a mounting plate that holds both wipers and bolts to the body. Cant find that part anywhere
JA: Do the other interior lights operate the way they should?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2001 explorer sport trac
JA: Are you fixing your Explorer Sport yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've removed the cowl (it broke) and the passenger side motor. It's totally rusted
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

I would go to a u-pull junk yard and pull the parts off that you need. There should be parts available as this is a pretty common vehicle.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I live on an island and the part is not available at any junk yard. That's a pretty obvious solution. I was hoping for a part number.
Thanks anyways