Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

No heat already change heater core and thermostat, Heater

Customer Question

No heat already change heater core and thermostat
JA: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?
Customer: Heater core hose one side warm radiator one side hot other side cold water pump fills hot but hose coming off of to heater core dosent
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2002 ford ranger 4wheel drive 4.0 liter
JA: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes and I put heater core in it and thermostats month ago I took to ford they said heater core bad so I change it still same way
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

Check for a stuck heater control valve. This valve is shut when the A/C is in the MAX position and open at all other positions. The best way to test it is to remove it from the heater hose and visually look at it to see if it is open or install a temporary flush tee to by-pass it altogether. If the heat comes back then you know the valve is not switching like it should.

Have you looked at that valve yet?