Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Our 2003 ford taurus SE exterior rear-view lights will not

Customer Question

our 2003 ford taurus SE exterior rear-view lights will not turn off
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Are these lights that turn on to illuminate the door and ground when you enter or exit the vehicle?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
CAN YOU HURRY I HAVE A SICK HUSBAND ALSO YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT ***@******.***
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

O.k.,if no other interior lamps are staying on with this issue here the most common cause is a fault with what is called a Puddle Lamp Relay.It will stick on needing replaced.This relay is located in the Central Junction box fuse panel as shown below.In some cases you can tap on it and it may release and turn off the lights helping indicate it needs replaced but with it only causing the mirror lamps to stick on I'm fairly confident this relay is stuck on needing replaced.This fuse panel is located below and to the left of the steering wheel/column near the brake pedal assembly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7x1p1td4v75w06z/pl-10-27.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

I see you had posted another question on this here.Is there anything else I can help with on this?