Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2003 6.0 250 4x4 .it has vacuum leak on passenger

Customer Question

i have a 2003 6.0 250 4x4 .it has vacuum leak on passenger side hub.locked hubs manually. the indicator light comes on when keyed but then goes off.is there a transfer case control module? and were is it ? how do you check it ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Greg, the 4X4 module is located on the RH side of the instrument pane behind the glove box. See the link below. You should be able to scan the system with a full scan tool to retrieve any B codes that should be setting. Have you done that yet?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/4WD%20module%20Oct%2027.pdf

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i have a scan gauge 2 . its giving no codes
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Are you using a full scan tool, a code reader will not pull codes for the 4X4 system?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
its an obd 2
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Is it a full scan tool or a code reader?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i will have to see if it has a 4x4 number to program scan gauge. i have it programed for icp, ipr, ficm, and sync right now
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Okay if you can get me any 4X4 fault codes that should be setting I will see if I can help you get this resolved.