Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

P1121, oreilleys, 1998 explorer 4.0, ive replaced the MAF

Customer Question

p1121
JA: Was the replacement the same quality as the original?
Customer: oreilleys
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 1998 explorer 4.0
JA: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ive replaced the MAF and thge TPS sensors
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This code indicates the TP sensor is inconsistent with the MAF sensor signals.Since the sensors are replaced the next check is to see if there are any vacuum leaks on the engine or any leaks between the MAF sensor and throttle body as well as check the wiring to both sensors to see if any issues are found needing repaired or replaced.If this is all o.k. then there is further testing involved as shown in the chart below.This will need followed to pinpoint the cause here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1degbiw5zwyn3ax/ch-10-27.gif?dl=0

If you need to follow this chart let me know what step you get to and I can post more info.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete