AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Passenger window will not go back up, nops, 2001 reg cab tow

Customer Question

passenger window will not go back up
JA: Have you checked the wiring between the door and body?
Customer: nops
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2001 reg cab tow truck
JA: Are you fixing your Cab yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I changed the switch on the driver side and the passenger side and nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: it has a beeping noice while driving that will not stop
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

Can I start by getting your VIN?

Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
1fdaf56f91eb37160
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I van not call
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

ok

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

I suspect a few different things that could prevent this from happening. Bad motor, bad switch (master switch or even right front window switch), wiring issue, bad ground or bad connection.

To check this, you are going to want to find the two wires from the switch going to the window motor. Install a test light with either end contacting either of the wires coming from the switch going to the window motor. With the key on or engine running, the test light should illuminate with the switch depressed in the "UP" or "DOWN" position. If so and it is not working, the power window motor is bad and will need to be replaced (just be sure nothing is binding up). If the test light does not illuminate when pressing the "UP" position, then it is either missing a ground or a power preventing it from engaging. You would then have to verify the inputs to the switch to see what is missing and replace the switch if needed. Just a heads up, the wiring usually breaks in thge door jamb. Here is a wiring diagram for this circuit.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

I am glad I can help!

It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STAR SERVICE" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

Please let me know if you have any further questions.