Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

97 f350 7.5 i had to change the motor now i have a code 212

Customer Question

97 f350 7.5 i had to change the motor now i have a code 212 that said it is ano tach input to processor spout. mike
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  david craig replied 1 month ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. The code 212 is set in most case due to either having the wrong ignition control module (ICM) or you have a failed distributor stator located inside of the distributor. The ICM on this vehicle should be black in color. If the ICM is gray, it is incorrect for this vehicle. Replace the ICM with a black module.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the icm that is my truck work fine on the motor i had before so before i buy a new icm i will change the distributor that was in the other motor i pulled out. i will let you know or do you think i should just buy a new icm where i bought the motor it came out of a running truck. thank mike
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
also my truck does not have a icm on the dist. mike
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hi again i just look at my truck and found the icm on the fender and it is gray it has worked so do you think i still need to change to black or change the dist thanks mike

sorry for thr delay. had to go to the hospital.

get a black one Mike.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i call around today nobody has a black one all gray any ideal where to get one. also hope things are ok. mike

thanks mike, had a couple mini strokes last week. but doing well. let me look to see if i can find a black one for you.

1U2Z-12A199-AA is the number you need

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i will see what i can find i will let you know thanks mike
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i found it on the internet the picture is not what i have on my 97 also the number is ***** in the eightys mike

stand by. shoot me a pic of whats on your truck

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i really dont how to do on this thing but it is on the fender it is a two piece first is the same that was on the bottom of the dist an the it lays in a bracket that is on the fender

the one on the fender is what i need to see.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i will have two find somebody that knows how to do it and take the pic and send to you on this thing ok mike

ok mike. does your phone have a usb port?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no my son does

take a pic. plug the phones usb into the computer. go to gallery and select the pic. upload it to the computer and then you can attach it on here.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok i try but it will be tomorrow son will be here then ok mike

sure mike. just let me know. ill be really busy at my shop tomorrow but will periodically check here.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hi david son never came today but i did was order that part number you gave be in tomorrow am so i see if it the same as i got just black if is i put it on a let you know ok mike

ok mike thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hi david no good news went to pickup the part it is not what i need it was the same as the ones that i had on old truck back in the eighty. i did come up with another number is ***** the part that is black or are they all gray the part number is ***** thanks mike

5u2z12a297d is the one you need mike

let me know when the part comes in, thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
hi dave i didnt forget about you i just got the part today because it was on back order but i finally got it i pull it in tonight and will drive tomorrow and then let you know ok also it was black mike
Expert:  david craig replied 24 days ago.

cool thanks my friend