Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Battery was draining tried to find out why by pulling one

Customer Question

battery was draining tried to find out why by pulling one fuse at a time . found 5 amp fuse dropped drain some what but now i have a check engine light and more fault codes then i even want to think about
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: says on light on end of gear shift for disconnect over drive flashs
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2003 f150
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: as i said i tried to find original problem buy pulling one fuse at a time now i have just hooked up a code reader and found out the codes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: motor seems to be running fine just wont drive right i have a list of fault codes
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. I value your input to my questions so I may help you better. I f you have multiple codes what to do is disconnect the battery join the two cables for about 15 seconds then reconnect .This erases the codes and resets the ECU then drive for awhile to see which codes come back. Do you also need help with the battery drain still?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a code reader which erases codes did that and the codes come back motor runs or seems to run fine but truck doesnt drive right here are the codes might have missed one but seems like way to many codes all at once to a truck that was running good this morning . PO755 PO443 PO451 PO135 PO141 PO750 PO 403 .
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Calling me at this time of night is not practical and Im not sure of what this is going to cost but your present answer was not very helpful Sorry
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
To me it seems like there should be a common problem which has caused all these error codes .
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thanks for sending me to a ford mechanic
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i am more concerned now as to why it wont drive properly then i am with the battery drain but both issues are likely related to each other .
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

The tech which was helping has opted out. Would you like my assistance?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
calling is not a good option at this time of night but im sure not happy with the last reply

So you do not want me to take over and try to help?