Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a F-250 super duty 6.7 diesel truck. What will the

Customer Question

I have a F-250 super duty 6.7 diesel truck. What will the cost to be to pull the oil tank out of the truck
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: how do i pay the 5$
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: I am reaqdy
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: the truck was in accident and it had hole in the oil filter and the tow service started the truck and drove it on the trailer. I am concerned that the engine maybe damaged
JA: What year is your F-250 Super Duty?
Customer: 2015 mileage is 12, 875 miles last oil change was 10,270
JA: Are you fixing your F-250 Super Duty yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no i need the cost what it will take to drop the oil pan and what do I check for possible damage?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: I am ready what else could i possibly check for damage, check the compression
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the cost to replace the oil and all of the filters, and the pulling the oil p[an
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The truck was in an accident and I need the cost to check the compression and the cost to change all the oil and filters also
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

If the vehicle ran less than 30 seconds with no or low oil then it is not likely in that short time any engine damage occurred. Running with no oil is bad but running with no oil and the engine WAY to hot from no lubrication is really bad. Even though you had a leak there was still oil on all the moving parts and it most likely was not ran long enough to get hot and cause damage.

4wd lower oil pan removal and install 1.0 hour

4wd lower and upper oil pan removal and install 8.8 hours

Compression test with a scan tool 0.5 hours

Compression test through the glow plug holes 4.0 hours

Prior to completing the mandatory rating at the top of your screen. Let me know if I have not yet provided you with ~5 STAR EXCELLENT~service. Reply and let me know in more detail what you need to be pleased with my help.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what is the hourly rate for a mechanic in oklahoma city

You would need to call your shop and find that out. At my Ford dealer in TN we charge 92$ an hour.

Are you needing anything thing else on this concern?

Are you pleased with my help?

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris