Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles
45790705

I need to know what to do to disable the factory alarm on my

Customer Question

I need to know what to do to disable the factory alarm on my 98 Ford f150?
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Is your battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes, I'm good there I believe. The truck will crank but I don't believe there is no spark.
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just trying to start it. It stopped wanting to start once I broke the valet switch. Either that or just bad timing. I was trying to put the truck in valet mode.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

unfortunately you can disable it, there is no fuse or relays to pull out , you have a Antitheft module & The PCM ( power terrain module ) truck computer

the module have to recognize the key and send a signal to PCM to allow start up , i know that is not what you want to hear , but with these newer trucks they make it impossible to bypass for security reason

you will need a factory scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes from the alarm module in the vehicle.
is it the module, the receiver, hood switch , door switch, wiring etc.. , it could be number of reasons , if you do that & retrieve fault codes i can help you further

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

The Remote Anti-Theft Personality Module is located behind left side of the instrument panel.

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat