Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

No power 2007 f-150, a vibration at 70 kmp i have to take it

Customer Question

No power 2007 f-150, a vibration at 70 kmp i have to take it out of over drive, still no power on acceleration
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: consistent
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Spent 2000 on it at a garage and they said it was the cam sensor that never fixed it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Could it be blocked ports?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If the check engine light or any other warning light has come on with this issue on the dash the first thing that needs done is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your model.Once this is done any codes set will need diagnosed to help locate and correct this issue here.

I have seen commonly a restricted exhaust component like a catalytic converter.This will plug up and cause a loss of acceleration/power like this here.If you have not had the exhaust back pressure tested this should be done to see if this is the cause here.In other cases I have seen issues with a restricted fuel filter or weak fuel pump that can cause low pressure and cause this as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete