Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified. Auto Transmission rebuilder for Ford Motor Co. from 91 to 2000
29534642

14 Ford Fusion driver door window control does not work.

Customer Question

14 Ford Fusion driver door window control does not work. Other three window controls operate fine. Driver door lock switch works fine. I tried a different switch assembly on the dd and still no response. Not sure what to look for next.
JA: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I just wrote what I tried.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not yet
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

Do you hear any clicking or any noise at all from the window motor inside the door when you move the window switch back and forth?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No noise or reaction from any of the four windows from the driver side door switch.
Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

Just so I'm clear, you get no window movement from the drivers door switch, they are all inop from the drivers switch, but you can roll down all three windows from the other doors correct ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
correcto
Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

Do you have power on the RED wire going into the Drivers door switch?

Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

Check fuse 25 under the instrument panel on the drivers side. Did you look at it? 30 amp. page 229 in the owners manual if you have it, if not let me know and I can post a link.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
On this 14 Ford Fusion there is no red wire going into the door window switch(s). There are three leads going into the switch; white/green with 6.3v, a brown/yellow and a blue wire.
Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

That is odd, as I am looking at this diagram.

Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

This diagram is obviously wrong, as there are only 3 wires going to that switch.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No fuse panel that I can see under the instr panel. The only fuse block I can find is under the hood. Number 25/26 share a fuse (12.4v on it).
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That diagram does not have the driver door window control switch on it. The three leads that feed the ddm you are referring to go to the switch. The ddm is behind the door panel which I don't have off.
Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

here is 2 of 2 showing the switch with 3 wires. it's my mistake.

Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

OK, so this switch operates on a network and the module is elsewhere that gets powered up by fuse number 25 under the dash. Do you have the owners manual by chance?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Fuse/power at 25 is OK.
Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

25 under the dash is good? I'm not referring to 25 under the hood.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
under the dash
Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

Alright, likely the DDM has failed then. if you've already tried another switch. You don't happen to have an advanced type scanner capable of reading codes other than engine codes do you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
a SnapOn Solus Ultra but it only has up to 2011 on it.
Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

I gotcha, it's probably the drivers door module. if you could jump some power to the window motor regulator and it worked fine. and you tried another switch, that's about the only thing left.

Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

it's here.

Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

Check power and ground to that module, if you have power and ground to it, (via that wiring diagram I uploaded earlier) then I believe that module is going to be the culprit.

Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

Let me know if you have any further questions. I believe that DDM is the only thing left in the circuit that would cause your issue barring a completely defective motor since you tried another switch.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Would that module throw a trouble code? I don't have any DTC's present
Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

Can you communicate with the drivers door module?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have my OBD tool connected directly but not sure how to access the door module.
Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

You speaking of your snap on solus right? I'm not sure if it will or not to be honest. I know it reads ABS and SRS and those kind of codes. go through that menu and see if you have a DOOR or BODY heading somewhere.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a headlamp and an instrument module available
Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

OK, I don't think that's going to get them out unfortunately.

Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

I think it might take Ford's IDS. I'm not sure what is out there that is compatible.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I may also have two bad switch assemblies. I don't know if it's possible to test the switch, it is controlled with an internal circuitboard. There's only three leads but it has multiple functions for the different windows and mirrors.
Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

That's correct, it sends varying signals to the DDM, and the DDM is responsible for all those other functions.

Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

turn the key on, hold the switch down, and slam the drivers door a time or two. see if that makes the window go up or down. depending on whether it's stuck up or down, move the switch the opposite way.

Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

hold power to the motor while you close the door, just to see if jarring it around any makes any difference.

Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

Any luck with any of that?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's pretty late, I'll try that tomorrow
Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

Alright, Sounds good.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Before I remove the panel, is the ddm located behind driver door panel?