Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Engine light on. the tester shows code p1633, it is my

Customer Question

engine light on. the tester shows code p1633
JA: Has your vehicled stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?
Customer: it is my wife's vehicle so I don't know if it has stalled. However, I had a mechanic do a diagnostic, which showed the p1633 as the problem
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2002 windstar
JA: Are you fixing your Windstar yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. I haven't done anything other than someone else doing the diagnostic
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: A couple days ago it almost stalled at a light otherwise it runs fine
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

Code 1633 means the keep alive memory power circuit to the PCM has low voltage. Use the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/pin55.png

If the pin 55 has good power then you would replace the PCM for this issue. However this code will rarely ever cause a running issue. Stalling at red lights can be related to the vehicle behind on maintenance, sensors and components needing to be cleaned, and or a failing idle air control valve.

Prior to completing the mandatory rating at the top of your screen. Let me know if I have not yet provided you with ~5 STAR EXCELLENT~service. Reply and let me know in more detail what you need to be pleased with my help.

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris